The worst nightmare of ABS printing is warping. These disks almost reduce completely warping.
Add a disk at each corner of the 3D object you want to print at the bed level. Most of the time, a 1 cm disks does the job. More details are available at http://www.ctheroux.com/2013/02/preventing-warping-when-printing-3d-abs-objects/.
The best way to use the anti-warping disk with Slic3r is:
- Add the anti-warping disks you need on the platter.
- Add the object you want to print on the platter.
- Align properly the object you want to print with the anti-warping disks.
- Save the platter as an STL file. Too much plastic will be extruded if you save the platter as a GCode file right away.
- Empty the platter.
- Load the saved STL file.
- Save the object as a GCode file.
- Print the GCode file.
Copyright 2012-2013 by Claude Théroux
Ultimate Blogger Theme By Buywptemplates