I acquired a few days ago a Wink Hub along with a few Cree Connected light bulbs. I couldn’t pair them. Out of 5 bulbs, I was able to pair only one of them! After reading many posts on the Internet, I have made sure that the Wink Hub is not near my router, the light bulb was in range of the Wink Hub, and so on. I found out that one possible solution was to reset the light bulbs. I found the same recipe on many web sites, which were saying: “Turn the bulb off for 2 seconds, then on for 2 seconds. Repeat three more times. After the fourth cycle, the bulb will flash, indicating that the reset was successful.” It wasn’t working.
I contacted the technical support of Wink. They gave me the following method which worked right away. The method they gave me is:
1. Begin with the bulb turned off
2. Turn the bulb ON for 1 second
3. Turn the bulb OFF for 2 seconds
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the bulb momentarily dims (about 4 or 5 times)
5. It will only dim for a second, signaling that it has been factory reset
Notice on step 2, 1 second, not 2. I could pair my 4 other bulbs without any problem.