Trinket Support On Linux
The Trinket (Adafruit’s Trinket) can be supported on Linux using the Arduino IDE 1.0.5 in only a few steps.
- Download this archive: TrinketHardwareSupport
- Install the Arduino IDE. It is assumed below that the main directory is arduino-1.0.5.
- Replace the current avrdude.conf in arduino-1.0.5/hardware/tools with the one in the downloaded in the archive. It is recommended that you make a backup of the current avrdude.conf file.
- Open a terminal window and run the Arduino IDE as root. You can issue the following command as long as the current directory is the Arduino directory where you installed it (arduino-1.0.5).
- Quit the Arduino IDE
- A directory called sketchbook should have been created in /root.
- Copy the directory hardware from the downloaded archive in /root/sketchbook.
- Within the Arduino IDE, from the Tools/Board menu item, select Adafruit Trinket 8 MHz
- Within the Arduino IDE, from the Tools/Programmer menu item, select USBtinyISP
A simple test can be done assuming that the Trinket is plugged on the PC.
- From File/Examples/01.Basics, select Blink
- Change value of the global variable led to 1.
- Upload the sketch to the Trinket
- The red led on the Trinket should be blinking.